EM operates this website (“Site”), our mobile application on a mobile device (“App” or "Site"), and the services and products related to or offered on the Site ("Services"). EM's Services may include, without limitation, tools, applications, email services, bulletin and message boards, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities, calendars, and downloadable mobile applications related to the Site or provided through the Site.
If you do not agree with the data practices described herein, you should not use our Site. This Site is not intended for children and EM does not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Full name of legal entity:Evolved Motion, LLC
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: 2210 Blake Street #405, Denver, CO 80205
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to your respective supervisory authority. The Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) is the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues. EM would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO. EM, therefore, as that you please contact EM in the first so that EM may have the opportunity to address your issue(s).
Changes to your data
It is important that the Personal Data EM holds about you is accurate and current. Please keep EM informed if your Personal Data changes.
The Information Collected
EM may collect, receive, use, store, and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which EM categorizes as follows:
- Personal and Business Contact Information, such as, your first name, last name, postal address, email address, telephone number, job title, gender, and employer;
- Profile Information, such as, your username or similar identifier, password, picture, industry, interests, feedback, and preferences;
- Technical Information, such as, internet protocol (IP) address, login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this Site;
- Content you post on our Site, such as text, images, photographs, messages, comments, or other contact, that is not your email address;
- Transaction Information, such as, purchase details, registrations, billing details;
- Usage Information, such as, how you use and interact with our Site, products, and services;
- Feedback and Correspondence Information, such as, information you provide in responses, participating in research, report a problem with the Site, receive support, or otherwise correspond with use; and
- Marketing Information, such as, your preferences for receiving marketing communications and your communication preferences.
EM does not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor does EM collect any information about criminal convictions and offenses.
Necessary Personal Data
There are instances in which EM may need to collect Personal Data from you, for example, by law or under the terms of a contract. If you do not provide that data when requested, EM may not be able to perform, for example, to provide you with requested goods or services. In this case, it may be necessary for us to cancel the product or service and notify you at the time if this is the case.
How EM Collects Data
EM use different methods to collect data from and about you.
Through direct interactions with you, you may give us your Identity and Contact Information by filling in forms or providing other information via our Site. This includes, for example, Personal Data you provide when you:
request our services and/or products;
subscribe to our blogs, publications, emails, notices; or
contact us with questions, feedback, or complaints.
You may always choose not to provide Personal Data or certain Personal Data, but this may prevent you from gaining access to a Service or limit the features that you can use on the Site.
Passively and Automatically Collected Information
As you use the Site and/or Services, certain information may be passively and/or automatically collected. EM may collect information by recording your Site use and how you use the Site with personally identifiable information providing, for example, technical data about your equipment or browsing actions and patterns. EM collects this data through, for example, cookies, pixels, beacons, log files, receiving reports or usage data, and other similar technologies. EM may also receive Technical Information about you if you visit other Sites employing our cookies.
EM may also automatically collect non-personally identifiable information throughout Internet Log files, which records data such as IP addresses, browser types, domain names, and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of the Site. This information may be used for our business purposes, including personalizing your experience on the Site.
Information may also be collected when you use the App, including, for example, the software application needed to utilize the App, synchronization, non-personally identifiable information concerning your device, the application’s files on your device, and your usage of the App.
Information Received from Third Parties
EM may receive personal data about you from various third parties, online and/or offline, and public sources as set out below:
Technical Information from providers, based inside or outside of the EU; or
Social media pages:
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/theempack/
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/evolvedmotion/
Information received from third parties may be combined with the information EM has already collected from you through our Site and/or Services.
Legal Basis for Personal Data Use
Your personal data will only be used when the law allows use. The most common uses of your Personal Data may include:
- performance of a contract EM are about to enter into or have entered into with you; or
- our or a third party’s legitimate interests necessitate use and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests; or
- legal or regulatory obligation compliance.
Consent, as a legal basis, is not generally relied upon for processing your Personal Data other than for sending you third party direct marketing communications via email or text message.
As used herein, the term “Legitimate Interest” means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business in a way that enables us to provide the best services and products via a secure experience. To do so, EM considers and balances potential impacts on you and your rights before processing your Personal Data for our Legitimate Interests. EM does not, without your consent or unless required/permitted by law, use your Personal Data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you. For more information about legitimate interest assessment in respect of specific activities, please contact us.
The term “Performance of a Contract” refers to the processing of your Personal Data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO WITHDRAW CONSENT TO MARKETING AT ANY TIME BY CONTACTING EM.
How EM Uses Your Personal Data
EM sets out, in the below table, a description of the ways EM plans to use your Personal Data, the legal bases EM relies on to do so, and EM’s legitimate interests for use.
Note that EM may process your Personal Data for more than one legal basis depending on the specific purpose for which EM is using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal basis EM is relying on to process your Personal Data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
User relationship management
Identity, contact, profile, marketing and communications
Legal compliance, record maintenance, study use
Business and Site administration
Identity, contact, technical
Legal compliance, running business, providing administration and security
Delivery and measurement of relevant content
Identity, contact, profile, usage, marketing and communications, technical
Business interests related to customer use and marketing strategies
Site maintenance, marketing strategies
Identity, contact, technical, usage, profile
Customer development, marketing strategies
As used herein, “Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation” means to process your Personal Data when it is necessary for compliance purposes because of a legal or regulatory obligation to which EM is subject.
Providing Site and Services
EM uses the information EM collects to provide you the Services EM offers, which includes but may not be limited to:
- improving the Site and/or Services, and personalizing your experiences;
- communicating with you, for example, informing you about your account, our services, and product information;
- administering your account;
- registering you for access to the Site and providing Services;
- fulfilling Service orders;
- sending promotional information, newsletters, offers, or other information; and
- analyzing and conducting research on user data and user interactions with the Site and/or Services.
Marketing and Advertising
EM strives to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. EM uses the information EM collects to provide advertising that EM shows you more relevant to you. Advertising may be customized based upon, for example, the information that you provide (e.g., age, gender, stated health interests and other information in your profile), geographic location information, which EM may determine through your IP address, from your mobile device, or other ways, data EM receives from third parties, or your visits on the Site or use of Services.
Your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data may be used for marketing purposes. To do so, EM may use your information to decide which products, services, and offers EM thinks you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you.
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or received services or products from us and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving those marketing communications.
EM may share information with third party partners for the purposes of hosting events. Outside of hosting events, EM will get your express opt-in consent before EM shares your Personal Data with any third-party company for marketing purposes.
You can ask EM or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org When you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to Personal Data provided to us as a result of a service or product provided to you.
EM DOES NOT use what you say in email, chat, video calls or voice mail, or your documents, photos or other personal files to target ads to you.
Cookies and Other Technologies
- store your preferences and settings;
- enable you to sign-in;
- provide interest based advertising;
- fight fraud;
- analyze Site operations;
- provide and/or analyze our Services; and
- collect data about the date and time of your visit, the features and information for which you searched and viewed, the email you opened, on which advertisements you clicked or your IP Address.
EM does not store Personal Data in any cookies on your computer. EM may also use web beacons to help deliver cookies and gather usage and performance data about our Services. Our Services may include web beacons and cookies from third-party service providers.
Although most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, you may reset your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie or to reject cookies generally. There are a variety of tools to control cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies, including for example, browser controls to block and delete cookies and controls from some third-party service providers to opt out of data collection. Your browser and other choices may impact your experiences with our Services. Cookies may be removed by following your Internet browser’s directions with the help tab, however, in order to use certain Services offered on the Site your web browser must accept cookies. If you choose to disable cookies, some aspects of the Site may not work properly, and you may not be able to access our Services.
Flash cookies, local stored objects, may be used on certain features of the Site to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as cookies, and they are not placed on your computer.
web beacons, pixel tags, or clear GIF, are graphic images which are used to better understand the browsing patters of visitors to a page of the Site. They may be used on some pages of the Site by EM or third parties. web beacons DO NOT pass or read personally identifiable information about you. When HTML code for a web beacon points to the Site to retrieve the pixel image, information can be passed along such as:
- the IP address of the computer that requested the image;
- the time the web beacon was viewed;
- how long the web beacon was viewed;
- the type of browser that was used; and
- previously set cookie values.
Web beacons work in conjunction with cookies set by trusted third parties that are used to assess, for example, the effectiveness of particular promotional campaigns, or to optimize advertising once a user leaves the Site. Please view your browser’s help section to determine how to configure your browser to reject or manage EM and/or third-party cookies. EM may share aggregated information collected through web beacons to vendors for which the beacon was set to determine the success of marketing campaigns, but does not disclose personally identifying information to these vendors.
To learn more about targeted advertising, these providers, or how you may opt out or to learn more, please refer to Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) and/or the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) at NAI Opt-Out website and DAA Choice Page and follow the instructions. After you opt-out, you will still see advertisements, but the advertising may not be as relevant to your interests. If you change your computer, change your browser or delete your cookies, you will need to renew your opt-out. Technologies other than http cookies may be used by third-parties in a similar way, to recognize the email recipients’ computer or device and to keep track of which user identities match to which devices or browsers, and those technologies may not respond to browser settings that block conventional cookies. You may opt out of many of these types of technologies by visiting the NAI’s opt out page as EMll.
Change of Purpose
EM will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which EM collected it, unless EM reasonably considers that EM needs to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If EM needs to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, EM will notify you and EM will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. EM may process your Personal Data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Personal Data Disclosure
EM requires all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. EM does not allow our third-party service providers to use your Personal Data for their own purposes and only permits them to process your Personal Data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
It may be necessary to share your Personal Data in a way that involves transferring it outside the European Economic Area (EEA). For example, our third party vendors and service providers may be based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your Personal Data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA. Whenever EM transfers your Personal Data to a third party based outside of the EEA, EM will ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- EM will only transfer your Personal Data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission; or
- with certain service or product providers, EM may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe; or
- with providers based in the US, EM may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to Personal Data shared between the Europe and the US.
Mobile Devices/Third-Party Fees
EM may make mobile device applications and mobile marketing campaigns available to you and may allow you to register for services that involve messages and/or emails being sent to your mobile device. You are responsible for obtaining access to the mobile device services. Such access may involve third party fees, including mobile carrier, text messaging, or airtime charges. You are solely responsible for those fees, including any and all fees associated with the use of the applications, delivery of the messages, emails or other materials to your mobile device. Please consult your mobile service provider’s pricing plan prior to purchasing or downloading any application or registering for any such service to determine the charges for sending and receiving text messages from/to your mobile device. You will be given the opportunity to opt-in to receive text messages or emails to your mobile device at the time you register for the campaign and with each message or email you receive.
Mobile marketing campaigns may involve your sending an email from your mobile device to EM or a third-party campaign operator. An email or other response will then be sent to your mobile device. Opting to participate in a campaign is 100% your choice. When you engage in these mobile marketing campaigns, EM and the third-party campaign operator may collect Personal Data, such as, your cell phone number, the name of your wireless service provider, images that you send using your cell phone as part of the campaign, and other relevant information.
Message Boards, Social Media, Blogs, and Chats
EM may make message boards, bulletin boards, chat rooms, social media pages, blogs, and other interactive forums (“Forums”) available as part of the Services. Forums give users the opportunity to interact with each other. Forums may be moderated to help keep inappropriate message from being posted. You should be aware that any information which you post to these interactive Forums, or otherwise choose to make publicly available, including your Personal Data, may be disclosed and available to all users who have access to that portion of the Site or Services. You may be offered the opportunity to include your email address with your message, but you are not obligated to do so. Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose Personal Data through or on these Forums your information can be viewed, collected, and used by others. In short, if you post Personal Data in a Forum that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return. EM cannot control the actions of any third parties. By using these interactive Forums, you agree that EM is not responsible for any information or Personal Data that you disclose or communicate in such forums, and any disclosures you make are at your own risk. By posting any comments, pictures or other information ("Content") in a Forum hosted by EM, you grant EM a non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual and worldwide right to copy and post both such Content within our Site, and those of our parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, agents and licensees and any social media outlets and advertising medium through which EM are engaged or elsewhere on the Site, without any further notice to you or any remuneration therefore.
Children’s Personal Information
The Site and Services are not directed to nor intended for minors, in particular, children under 16 years of age. EM does not knowingly collect Personal Data from individuals under 16 years of age. If you are under 16 years of age, you should not register or provide Personal Data on the Site or through the Services. If you are the parent or guardian of a child whom you believe has disclosed Personal Data to EM, please contact EM at email@example.com so that EM may delete and remove such child's information from our systems. Any unauthorized use terminates the permission or license granted by EM.
Your Consent and Notification of Change
Controlling Your Personal Information
You have choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Information. When you receive communications from EM you will have the opportunity to "opt-out" by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the e-mail or newsletter you receive, or by editing your preference to receive these communications when you are logged in as a registered user on the Site. If you opt-out of promotional or newsletter emails from EM, EM may continue to send you certain transactional communications, such as service announcements and administrative messages relating to your account with EM, which are necessary to our relationship with you.
Protecting your security is important to EM. EM takes reasonable security measures to help protect the data, including Personal Data, on our servers. EM has in place appropriate security measures to prevent your Personal Data from being accidentally lost, used, or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, EM limits access to your Personal Data to those who have a business need to know. They will only process your Personal Data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. EM has put in place procedures to deal with any suspected Personal Data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where EM is legally required to do so. Unfortunately, no one can guarantee the security of an internet transmission, and therefore, EM does not warrant the security of our servers or the security of information you provide to EM online, including Personal Data.
Third Party Hosting
EM may contract with a third party to maintain and host the Site. If so, information you submit, including Personal Data, may be placed and/or stored on a server maintained by a third party host.
EM will only retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, for example, for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, EM considers the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Data, the purposes for which EM processes your Personal Data and whether EM can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. In some circumstances, you can request erasure and ask to delete your Personal Data. In some circumstances, EM may make your Personal Data anonymous for research or statistical purposes, in which case EM may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your Personal Data. You have the right to:
- request access to your Personal Data (commonly known as a "data subject access request") and receive a copy of the Personal Data EM holds about you and to check that EM is lawfully processing it; or
- request correction of your Personal Data and have any incomplete or inaccurate data corrected after accuracy verification of the newly provided data; or
- request erasure of your Personal Data and delete or remove Personal Data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it, where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing, where EM may have processed your information unlawfully, or where EM is required to erase your Personal Data to comply with local law, noting that EM may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons of which you will be notified, if applicable, at the time of your request; or
- object to processing of your Personal Data where EM is relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is a particularity to the situation as a basis because you feel it has an impact on your fundamental rights and freedoms or where EM is processing your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, noting that EM may, in some cases, demonstrate compelling legitimate bases to process your data which override your rights and freedoms; or
- request restriction of processing of your Personal Data and suspend the processing of your Personal Data in the following scenarios: (i) if you want EM to establish the data's accuracy; (ii) where EM use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (iii) where you need EM to hold the data even if EM no longer requires it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (iv) you have objected to EM use of your data but EM needs to verify whether EM has overriding legitimate grounds to use it; or
- request the transfer of your Personal Data to you or to a third party where EM will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format, noting that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where EM used the information to perform a contract with you; or
- withdraw consent at any time where EM are relying on consent to process your Personal Data, but this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, EM may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. EM will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us.
There are no fees required to access your Personal Data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, EM may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, EM may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What EM May Need From You
EM may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your Personal Data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that Personal Data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. EM may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
EM will try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take longer if a request is particularly complex or a number of requests have been made. In this case, EM will notify you and keep you updated.
When you visit the Site or send emails to EM, you are communicating with EM electronically and consent to receive communications from EM electronically. EM will communicate with you by email and you agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that EM provides to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.